This photograph was taken at the rededication of the T.E.Lawrence Memorial Plaque on 19th. May, 2010 (the 75th. Anniversary of Lawrence’s death). The Plaque was unveiled by Robert Gildea, Professor of Modern History at Oxford University, shown on the left with Mike Chew, the Chairman of  COSA.

The Plaque had been unveiled originally by  Winston Churchill in 1936 and COSA was pleased to welcome his great-grand-daughter, Marina Brounger, to the rededication along with Councillor John Goddard, the Deputy Lord Mayor of Oxford, Peter Leney, Chairman of the T.E.Lawrence Society and five Old Boys who were at the School in 1936.

When the School was amalgamated with Southfield School in 1966 the Plaque had been taken to the new Oxford School. Thanks to the work of the COSA Committee and, in particular, the Vice Chairman, Ken Powell, it had been possible to restore it to its original position in the former School building.

This is a photograph of Thomas Hill Green whose vision it was to found the School and, as it says on the Plaque shown below, (which can be found to the right of the main door of the School), to complete the ladder of learning from elementary  school to university.

This photograph shows the windowsill where the School Bell was kept. It was rung by the caretaker to signal the change of lessons. Over the years the bell eroded the sill to the extent seen in the photograph.

The School’s Foundation Stone laid by Prince Leopold, the son of Queen Victoria. For more information about Prince Leopold see Update 56

This portrait of F.C.Lay was taken following his retirement as Headmaster in 1962 and hung in the Hall. It was taken to Oxford School in 1966. It was returned and rehung in the Hall thanks to COSA member, Keith Shaw.

‘Freddie’ Lay had been a pupil at the City of Oxford School from 1908-1915 and never thought that, one day, he would return as Headmaster.

To the right is a photograph of R. W. Bodey who was  Headmaster from 1962 - 1966 after many years as Deputy Headmaster. He was appointed Deputy Headmaster of the new Oxford School in 1966.

This photograph shows the members attending the 2011 Annual General Meeting and has kindly been supplied by Adrian Besant, a COSA member.

****************************************************************************************************

This photo shows the members who attended the 2012 Annual General Meeting

This photo (courtesy of Peter Hewitt) shows members who attended the 2013 Annual General Meeting

This photo (courtesy of Peter Hewitt) shows members who attended the 2014 Annual General Meeting

The above photo shows Members who attended the 2015 Annual General Meeting

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

This photograph is reproduced courtesy of Raymond Wanless

These two photographs show Members who attended the 2016 Annual General Meeting

*************************************************************************************************